The Leeds Refugee Forum was established to provide for the social, educational, economic, cultural and development needs of the Leeds refugee community. LRF provides a platform for refugee communities to produce a collective, strong and confident voice to be heard by a wide range of agencies and organisations in the region. The Forum also empowers its members and reduces the isolation that RCOs experience as a single unit.
The Forum aims to do this through:
- Supporting integration for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Building capacity of RCOs and community members.
- Providing essential advice and information.
- Providing office space for documentation work and official purposes.
- Acting as an advocacy group for refugees.
- Acting as a collective voice for refugees.
- Assisting the integration of refugees into local communities.
To further these objectives, LRF has responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Work with other organisations.
- Represent the views and wishes of the membership.
- Represent members.
- Provide advice.
- Support, administer or set up other refugee community organisations.
- Raise funds by any lawful method.
- Appoint trustees to hold property.
- Acquire or rent property of any kind.
- Employ staff.
- Publish and distribute written and electronic material.
- Provide training courses, meetings, debates and exhibitions.
- Promote or carry out research.