Women Health Matters (WHM) has a vision for the women of Leeds to be safe, empowered and making healthy choices for themselves, their families and their communities. We have been working with women in Leeds since 1988 using community development approaches to build skills & confidence and increase women’s knowledge and awareness about health. WHM has gained the trust and confidence of women in local communities, of service providers and commissioners and is now an established route for many women to access services.
The Rainbow Hearts Women’s Group is a group for asylum seekers and refugees delivered by WHM in partnership with Positive Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers (PAFRAS). The aim of the group is to give emotional and practical support, together with practical and essential advice for women asylum seekers in Leeds. The group was set up to with the purpose of providing a safe and supportive meeting platform that aims to help women in all walks of life with any problems they might have.
Time: 10.00 am – 12.30 pm
Location: One Community Centre
01132762851 / 07903089581
At the One Community Centre, the Rainbow Hearts Women’s Group provides a drop-in assistance for those in need. The services we provide are as below:
- Social contact in a safe women’s group to meet other women in similar circumstances.
- English language support.
- Access to food, clothes and other resources.
- Education and health training.
- Access to contraception.
- Support regarding domestic violence, female genital mutilation, sexual abuse, trafficking and prostitution.
- Financial support for transportation.
- Childcare and support for children.
- Signposting and access to services.
- Trips to aid education and reduce isolation.